Saturday, April 30, 2011

What's Left to Offer?

Kevin Nash, who turned his back on TNA late last year, may be getting cold feet in his relationship with WWE. His latest tweet: "WWE going young. Your my fanbase. Sit on my ass or watch my buddy Sting's ass?" My question to anyone reading this column.....what does Kevin Nash have left to offer TNA AND should TNA take him back?

While diving into past history is often clouded by youth and things some would rather forget, Nash has had an unquestionable impact on the wrestling world. I wonder, however, if some of his luster hasn't worn off despite the crowd pop at the Rumble this year, when he returned under the Diesel moniker once again. I, too, was stoked to see his return to the big stage, but was IMMEDIATELY disappointed with the performance he was allowed. Additionally, he was not afforded a follow-up performance in the months that followed. I can only imagine how disappointing that can be.

His statements in the days following were troubling as he claimed to be "WWE for life" and the like, but now that the grass has turned to dust beneath his feet, he wants to maybe come back and be more of a main stage guy again. I would love to see TNA take him back, but he's doing nobody any favors. He needs to pick a side and stay on it. TNA has been good to him; giving him a place to ply his trade at his leisure and a schedule that will at least give him SOME screen time.

I do have one more thing to say.....
RVD made a comment some weeks ago that got people into a hissy fit. He called himself "bigger than TNA". People were up in arms. "What an idiot!""How conceited!" I only have one thing to say to those people.....SHUT UP! RVD, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, even Kevin Nash are bigger than the companies that made them. They transcend the boundaries and no matter what company they work for, they will be treated like rock stars. Van Dam wasn't being cocky, he was being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment