Monday, May 23, 2011

Business as Usual.....

I mean no disrespect to the late Eddie Guerrero, who received 2 entire episodes of WWE television time, or Chris Benoit, who was given 1 before details came out about the death of his family, but a 3 second graphic and business as usual made me turn off RAW this week. I have no idea if there was mention of Randy Savage during the show or if he got a 10 bell salute, but I, for one, am finished for good with Vince McMahon and his acronym without meaning. An organization gone away from the days of the World Wrestling Federation, whose glory days are long over. WWE stands for nothing anymore, not even World Wrestling Entertainment...and this was the proof. I would have even settled for a return from J.R. making a mention as the show came on the air as he called more matches of Savage's than anyone else on WWE's payroll save for perhaps Vince himself, but since he couldn't be bothered to show up at the beginning either, I digress.

I'm disappointed in the WWE Universe for turning their backs on a man who helped pioneer some of the older performers left on the payroll. You had your chance to make good and honor a legend, but, like most of your current programming and booking, you let it slip away. Here's Eddie's 10 bell salute....take notes, Vince......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLp0yuiZ2vE

No comments:

Post a Comment