Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So Much Potential......

Up to this point, I have been a device of reporting news and partial analysis, but if you'll allow me to throw out something new this time. I'd like to spend a bit of time in this column asking a simple question....why not use THEM? Now by THEM I don't mean the storylines that involve a mysterious someone set to reveal in the coming weeks. Instead, I would like to suggest that TNA might think of putting a few characters to good use. Here are my top 5 in no particular order...

1. Samoa Joe.....this guy has been a fan favorite since he came it from the independent scene. He went undefeated for over 6 months and had arguably the greatest match in TNA history back in 2005 at the Unbreakable PPV. The brass seem to have given up on Joe, putting him into one meaningless feud after another, trapping him in the midcard, when he is capable of headlining.

2. Daniels.....his story is much like Joe's, but with a twist. His return was like an appeal to TNA's core fanbase, the ones who've been there from the beginning. I still don't understand why TNA doesn't give him the keys to the city the way they did to Joe upon his arrival. 

3. Pope D'Angelo Dinero......this guy can't seem to catch a break. Seriously, he's a genius on the microphone, can work a match like a veteran and adjust on the fly to whomever he's put up against. In my opinion, he is one of the biggest wastes of potential. TNA has been foolish in not using him to his utmost.

4. Crimson.....here is perhaps my biggest disappointment of this year. His debut was brilliant, his violent Janice scorn Abyss attack made people take notice and then they let it fizzle out. If it had been me, I would have pushed this guy to the moon because it would have made sense.

5. Eric Young.....hear me out. He was  the comedy relief for years in TNA and then he snapped and fought a short battle with Jeff Jarrett, which I thought would end his career, but in a strange twist of events, he became a more determined competitor and even led his own faction with the World Elite stable. He played the part of a calculated leader like the role was in him the whole time and no one knew. I still can't, for the life of me, understand why TNA would let that kind of talent get stagnate.

In my humble opinion, TNA has a billion dollar roster, but are only investing five hundred thousand against the house in a rigged game where they are the only victors. Do your research, bosses, and look at the crowds. You know that if I'm asking these questions, a fair portion of the rest of the fans are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment