Friday, June 10, 2011

And to The Victor Go the Spoils......

1. Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston vs. Daniels, Kazarian, and Amazing Red
I feel compelled to begin this whole set of results by saying that this entire endeavor hinges on both companies coming to agreement as to who should triumph. Since I am the one doing the booking, I decide in this case. I say for this bout, all moves are legal. NO MOVE BANS. That being said, since there are no move bans in TNA, workers there will be more used to operating on their own terms, so by virtue of creative freedom.....Daniels, Kazarian, and Amazing Red.

2.  Melina and Lay-Cool vs. The Beautiful People ( Love, Rayne, Sky)
This one is easy. Without too much thought, I give this to The Beautiful People. So much for shopping for female wrestlers on Hawaiian Tropic swimsuit competitions.

3. Kurt Angle vs. Jack Swagger
I have a bit of a confession to make. I can't even watch Jack Swagger. I see him on TV and I turn the channel. I see very little to draw me into his character. Kurt wins cleanly.

Now, I'm sure you all must be thinking I'm going to go all TNA with this, but I do have a couple of surprises.

4. Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Ezekiel Jackson vs. CM Punk vs. Sheamus in an Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Title
While my personal favorites for this match are Joe and Morgan, I'm going to toss in the X Factor and take a page out of Armageddon 2004. Nexus being the monkey wrench, I give it to CM Punk. Out of all the combatants, this makes the most sense to me.

5. Undertaker vs. Sting for the TNA World Title
I think Mick Foley said it best that simply the intrigue would sell the card for this one. Never facing one another in their lasting personas, this one is a tough call and I would rather not make the call, but since I must and since the Streak isn't on the line, I say it goes to a double count out.

6. Kane vs. Abyss in Monster's Ball
Before I make the results for this one, let me say that I would have killed to see a conclusion to the fake Kane angle WWE did a few years back with the masked Kane being the victor, but since that angle was dropped, it is left to me to put some kind of finish to it. Masked Kane, in a surprise impromptu match, brutalizes Candy Kane, rendering him unable to compete. He then takes his place vs. Abyss. Abyss loses in a big way. That's how I see it.

7. John Cena and Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson with RVD as Guest Referee
On neutral territory, I see Hardy and Anderson as the victors simply for the history. Anderson gives Orton a Mic Check to even the score getting him fired from WWE in the first place. Cena losing would put a good spin on his character as well. A WIN- WIN scenario.

8. Jeff Jarrett vs. Vince McMahon
I can't begin to say how much history would have to be explained. In the end, I think it would go to a no contest as the locker rooms would empty and a HUGE brawl would close out the show, but what a battle it would be. This has to set up a battle of the factions PPV in another column.

No comments:

Post a Comment