Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Foley's Missing....

Mick Foley's on air firing seems to mark the end of his TNA tenure. My thoughts on this are mixed and varied. While I hope his secondary endeavors do well. I can't help feeling like those secondary items on his concern list somehow got in the way of helping TNA make progress. His disputes over the lack of TNA coverage at the Jon Stewart rally seemed a bit petty to me, but who am I to question? Am I glad he's gone? Not at all.

In the short run, he did some amazing work on the mic giving promos, doing some match making and the like, but in the long run, I doubt very much that his tenure in TNA did much good. While similar things may be said of Hogan, Sting, and Jeff Hardy; it goes to show me that the climate of wrestling has changed. It used to be that a name alone would draw fans, but THAT is no longer the case. Compelling drama, reasonable story twists and turns, and triumphs over adversity are what draws fans now. Some might say "duh", but I would offer WWE some advice on that front. A little bit of twist with the watered down product they are carrying right now.

It seems that even TNA is doing some spring/ early summer cleaning. I don't agree with the decision, but I do understand the reason. My only suggestion is to ramp up once more and put together another show to expose the younger talents who haven't gotten over yet. Give them some high class matches against the vets. I'm not talking about Xplosion as it only reaches a small amount of the TNA Nation, but give it some actual time on Spike. I, personally, never hear about what happens on that show unless I read about it. Think about it, TNA; just think about it.

In the meantime, Mick, I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for. In a business as complicated as this, I'm sure the climate of change will shine in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment