Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Many Happy Returns.....

I want to scrap everything else to talk about the returns of Jeff Hardy and a man I've been wanting to see since I heard he was released from ECW.....Lance Hoyt.

Ever since Vance Archer, Hoyt has been in my sights. When I heard that Kid Kash got snapped up off the independent scene, it occurred to me that these two HAD to be reunited. In the 6 Sided Ring Era, these two were kinda like the Michaels and Diesel of TNA. Hoyt, in my humble opinion is far more agile than Nash ever was and his contributions in the Dallas and Hoyt timeframe are well documented. If you need proof, look up the Fight for the Right Tournament the week after Bound for Glory of 2004. His work there was a revelation to me that he could legitimately become a true power for TNA, but the brass in the white towers dragged their feet and he left shortly after the Rock and Rave team went belly up.

I just got wind that Jeff Hardy is going to Impact in the next set of tapings. This puts him in ring after a 5 plus month hiatus. With eyes cleared and senses sharper, I sense things playing out far differently than they have for Matt, who wants to crawl back through the WWE doors. Word is that he'll be returning as a face rather than a heel this time and that is how it should be. His work for TNA is only as good as his focus, though; when it's sharp, he's unbeatable as an entertainer, when he's a mess....well....Victory Road speaks for itself. (90 seconds?)

No comments:

Post a Comment