Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rumor Mills and Dream Matches.......

Okay, I've been hearing things......

-I've heard that once Tough Enough stops filming Stone Cold Steve Austin will make his first appearance in TNA. Additionally, Goldberg has been in talks with Eric Bischoff to join up for his last appearance on the national stage. His chosen opponent? Who else? Steve Austin. While I haven't heard anything from the parties close to the situation, I have my doubts about this one. Austin has a love/hate relationship with Vince just like Hogan, but I have only seen loyalties with WWE since his departure from the ring.  Couple that with virtually an open challenge from CM Punk to take him on at WrestleMania and Vince may bite for that match up.

- Velvet Sky was asked on Twitter which female wrestler she would most like to face, to which she replied without hesitation, "LITA!" While that would be awesome, I have no idea if she's ever been in contact with TNA upper management. My best guess is 'no', but there's a time tested statement that seems to ring true....'never say never'.

-On a related note, Angelina Love was asked something similar, to which she replied "Trish Stratus". I do know that Stratus DOES follow the TNA product, but I don't know if or when she would ever join up with TNA in the future.

It seems only fair to all you readers to toss out a few more names to the wind as far as how likely we are to see them in a TNA ring.....

Most Likely.....
Melina- With things being as they are, I doubt very much she'll be able to stay idle for long. It's been said that a good wrestler always has one good match left and I'd say she's got a few and TNA is her best back up option.

John Morrison- Where she goest, he must go. I'm putting my best guess behind him that WWE won't be so forgiving of his relationship with Melina; especially if she decides to join the enemy camp. Sorry fans, but WWE has a history of making guilt by association a thing of the present.

Gail Kim- The first Knockouts Champion will return if I'm guessing correctly, by the end of the year. Since WWE won't allow her to wrestle until her contract runs out, I'm putting her at Turning Point or Final Resolution at the earliest.

Moderately Likely.....
Trish Stratus- She tunes in, she's got friends there, she's been challenged. My guess is that she's weighing her options right now. She probably wouldn't be around more than a year, but she'd take a championship run along the way.

Goldberg- I know he's spent time with Bischoff and it was brought up....will he join up? Who knows? I'd say the chances are better than they were a year ago, but not so good as they perhaps are hoping. He's an X Factor for the next few months. Let the critics run wild...."TNA is full of 'has beens' and 'WWE rejects' " I love it when people don't get the bigger picture.

Not Likely....
Lita- With each passing year, I have my doubts about her. She's been keeping busy with her music and the like and, if the Hardys couldn't convince the brass in TNA to put her on speed dial, no one can.

Stone Cold Steve Austin- He's a WWE guy through and through. Would it be cool? Believe it. I say hire back Shark Boy and put them together. You can't buy that kind of AWESOME. Not without asking for it by name, anyway.  Is it likely? Not by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment