Monday, September 26, 2011

Dissecting Bound for Glory....Part 4: The Non-title picture.....

From the confirmed notes I've seen, we've got 4 title matches, one of which I neglected to mention which was Mexican America vs. Ink Inc. First of, I think it's nice to see Ink Inc. getting a shot at the title, but even more than that, I think it gives faith in the performers when you pick them to compete in the promotion's biggest event.

 Picking one Mexican America seems to be the safe money with the numbers game, but without being so quick to pass that judgment call, I'd like to point out that the Knockouts are about to have their hands full with another development I'll talk about down the road. At any rate, I'm going to have to go with Ink Inc. pulling out a win against the defending champs.

NOW, the non title matches minus Hogan vs. Sting are as follows.....
Joe vs. Morgan vs. Crimson
Bully Ray vs. Anderson
RVD vs Jerry Lynn in Full Metal Mayhem
Styles vs. Daniels

With Joe, Crimson, and Morgan, it's difficult to know what to expect as far as the kinds of risks they are willing to take for the victory, but one thing is for absolutely certain....this one is going to to be brutal and filled with some major power. With Samoa Joe being the strongest going in, I'm putting my money on him, but I am seeing a rematch of some kind in the weeks to follow BFG's bout, no matter who ends up pulling out the W.

Bully Ray vs. Anderson is not a match I am desperate to see, but since it's on the card, I'm picking Anderson and mostly because I want to see Ray whooped to cool him.

Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn always deliver.....period I am very confident that this one will be for the books with tons of high risk maneuvers and aerials to keep fans cheering as well as some very good technical wrestling as Jerry Lynn has the ability to make it a very sound clinic indeed. Since RVD has done so well in the past, I'm going to go with Jerry Lynn simply for a show of contrast.

Styles and Daniels are TNA's best....simple as that. They worked the company here and, while Styles felt the weight of the big belt's duties, I get the suspicion, he's being set up to elevate Daniels. Having said that, I'm going to pick AJ with the win, setting up a rubber match next month.

The beauty of this PPV is that so much is going to ride on how clean each performer wins the matches that night. If one wins without a hitch, it'll be great, but too much interference and you'll have some very unpleasant people to answer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment