Monday, September 19, 2011

Further Proof?

WWE.com has announced that on October 31st Jim Henson's Muppets will be the guest stars on that weeks' edition of RAW.  Back in the days of the guest host era, I made a joke that Dora the Explorer would be the guest host of RAW eventually. Never in my wildest and most bizarre of dreams could I have predicted this.

Is this the same RAW that used to showcase D-Generation X or Austin 3:16? Maybe it's the same show that introduced us to the first and only Women's Title cage match in WWE history....no? No, this RAW is the RAW that gave us guest hosts who have no clue what show they're on and have no clue what PPVs are coming up (Summerfest, anyone?), characters who can say the same thing week after week after week and still not get any crowd reaction. This RAW put Hornswoggle into D-X. This RAW is worse than WCW at its lowest point. I'd be shaking my head in disgust, but I've been past that for the past 3 years.

I watched an interview with Shawn Michaels just today. In the interview, he mentioned going to Vince with the Kliq (Hall, Nash, Waltman, and Triple H) to tell Vince that his product was going down the tubes back in the early 90's. Back then, he said, it was considered rude or arrogant to do things like that and now the guys who do that get viewed as cool. Sound familiar? CM Punk would probably say so.

I may have been done with WWE program watching back in 2008, but I have caught the newsreel and some highlights as I like to, at least, stay informed about what's going on. Maybe it's also to further convince me that I made the right choice to cross the line. In a business were everything is changing once more, it's nice to know that some things never change....there's always somewhere else to turn for the brand of wrestling you want. At least in TNA, wrestling matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment