Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The End Result.....

For those of you who didn't see Bound for Glory, you missed an AMAZING show. BUT, I'm going to do a couple of things. First of all, I'm going to give you a rundown of the results. Secondly, I'll throw in a link to a website to catch the TNA PPV's right after they happen. I also have a first....I need to ask a favor. SO...I say let's get to it.

In the Pre-Show, there was a TON of commercial type hype. It did contain something not on the PPV card, though. I'm talking about the Tag Team Title match between Mexican America and Ink Inc. In a match better talked about than watched, I'll tell you Mexican America won to keep the belts.

On to the card.....

Austin Aries vs. Brian Kendrick.....this one was a slow starter. I was hoping for a nicely paced opening match and it did blossom into that, but the start was a bit slow. Not complaining, it's just the way it is. I loved the placement of the high risk spots, and there were a few. At the end of a decent opening match, Austin Aries retains.

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn.....Based on their history together, I expected some high risk spots, some very dangerous hits, and an added dose of attention to detail. I wasn't disappointed. This was a good grudge match given the perfect amount of time and nasty looking spots to make a solid match. In the end, after a coast to coast Van Daminator, RVD wins.

Joe vs. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan......I was a bit disappointed in this one because there wasn't time to properly build anyone. If Bound for Glory had gone another hour, this is one match I would have given about ten minutes more just to give some more story into the ring presentation, but for better or worse, it did what it had to and that was the point. In a twist of circumstance, Crimson wins.

Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson......To say this match was good gives it no credit at all. This was about as epic as it gets. PLENTY of nasty hits, falls, and a couple of spilled beers to change things up. A lot of people complain about Anderson not landing the Senton Bomb squarely at the finish, but I wasn't too disappointed in the finish, the Mic Check did the job and gave Anderson a nice W in the win/loss column. Check this one out if you can find it.

Velvet Sky vs. Winter vs. Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne......If I didn't mention it earlier, I think Karen Jarrett needs to be FIRED! Her as the guest referee was a profoundly horrible mistake and deserves to be fixed. The action in the ring was cheapened as Karen paraded about the ring asking about her attire and such. I was disgusted, to say the least. Without Jarrett, I'd have given this one another ten minutes as well as I think they could have made a great match. The four women in the ring didn't deserve to be taken advantage of like that. Thank god for the red mist to her eyes and Ms. Brooks coming out to make the final count to give Velvet Sky her first Knockouts Title.

Daniels vs. AJ Styles.....This is another one I wish would have been given more time, another ten minutes for sure. It may have gone down as match of the night with more time, but minus the time, it just kinda fizzled. AJ gets the win via threat to carve Daniels up with a screwdriver.

Jeff Jarrett's Confrontation......IF Bound for Glory had gone the extra hour, I'd have suggested this be on the card as a match with 20 minutes or so worth of time to put on a clinic, but since that wasn't the case, the confrontation leading to an inevitable feud between the two had to do.

Hogan vs. Sting......This could have gone horribly wrong. They could have given this more time and made it a disaster, but entering nearly 17 minutes, it was over and I could breathe easy. Quick. Painless. AND it did the job of putting Dixie back in power and turning Hogan face once more. Sorry about the beatdown, Sting, even though you won.

Angle vs. Roode......I know the critics say Roode should have won. While I have my own thoughts as to what happened, I think the match itself was great, going over 30 minutes and giving both men enough time to build the other into a fighter. I believe something is going to happen here. I know Angle is hurt and needs to take some time off. TNA would do well in making Roode a champion in next month's PPV, Turning Point. Angle retained, in case you didn't read it from me earlier.

You guys can catch replays on http://www.justin.tv up to a couple of days normally, but when RAW is on rotation, it may be hard to find it after. It's free to sign up, but simple viewing is free as well. Check the site an hour after each PPV to see if the replay is there. It won't be hard to find.

This was a GREAT PPV and well worth the time spent in putting it together. Only time will tell how well TNA did with the theater promotion, which leads me to the favor...Just before Bound for Glory went on, Socal Val came on with instructions for how to get your free t-shirt. Since none of the people I know brought a pen or paper to jot down the address, did anyone get the address?

The instructions told viewers to photocopy the ticket stub and send the copy along with a size to get the free Bound for Glory T-Shirt. I just need the address. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3061-Bound-For-Glory-In-Theaters-T-Shirt-Offer

    ReplyDelete