Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Heels and Two Faces.....

I've given two spoilers already, but this third one isn't as big as the other two. I predicted the return of the very first Knockouts Champion and so it was that Gail Kim returned to the Impact Zone at the recent tapings. I won't lie to you, I was stunned to find her return as a heel aligning herself with Mrs. Jarrett. The recent turn of events has me a bit puzzled as to where this is all going.

With James Storm as the new World Title holder, Sting as the Voice of TNA Management, and Gail Kim returning as a heel, where are the good guys? I'll be interested to see where this all goes, but at the moment, my feeling of confusion is almost overwhelming. WWE has been erratic in the last few weeks, but this is something far different. Not worse....just different. I get the impression that more is in the works and that TNA is trying to put together a story arc that has further reaching implications than I know about at the moment. While some of those developments are only beginning to manifest themselves, others remain shrouded and closely guarded.

I would ask you all to think back to the Attitude Era. Some of the elements remind me of the Stone Cold/ Undertaker/ Vince McMahon storyline that lasted almost 6 months. Piece by piece, the elements pulled back layers of story and it made the show a MUST SEE each and every week. This is getting there, but the unanswered questions may make this difficult for some of the old school hardcore TNA fans to see. BUT I'm a wrestling fan and I love a story deeper than WWE has been putting out, so I'll go along for now to see what's coming down the pike.

With Dixie Carter now back in control, which I'm told is the driving force behind the follow up shows in the next couple of weeks, it's time to turn attentions to Turning Point, where so far, I can see Bobby Roode in the hunt for the gold in a tag team feud. The end of Beer Money is nigh, people. It's too bad, but we knew it had to happen some time. AJ and Daniels aren't done....Bound for Glory gave no indications that Daniels is through yet.

Crimson's streak is still unbroken, telling me something big is coming and I can't be sure it's Goldberg, but I can safely say, it'll have to be something big enough to launch his career to the top tier in a convincing way. I am having a bit of a hard time with people believing the RIDICULOUS notion that just because someone has an undefeated streak means they have to be copying the 100+ win streak of Goldberg. Okay, I feel better now.

I do apologize for the length of this post, but there is simply so much happening right now in TNA and the length could not be helped. Thanks for the patience, guys....you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment