Monday, October 31, 2011

Muppet Break.....

"There is said to be a lot of buzz among the WWE superstars, divas and crew today - as many of them grew up big fans of the Muppets. A lot of people are doing whatever they can to be featured in a segment on RAW with the Muppets."- unnamed source


*sigh* I would love to know who okayed this. Seriously. On the docket, we have Kermit watching intently to the divas' costume match and I use the term match loosely. The hecklers Waldorf and Statler are to have some sort of commentary during the event. I wish I could say I was joking about ANY of this. Before ANYONE accuses me of not liking the Muppets, let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth, even though the Truth and Muppets will be on the same show....go ahead....laugh.


I, in fact, am a very big fan of the Muppet franchise and I believe the new movie will be a good start to getting the younger generation into what the crew brings to the table. I do NOT, however, believe the Muppets' best place to be featured is on Monday Night RAW. My reasoning is very simple....any WWE fans may not understand this......being invited to be on the Muppet Show is an honor and a WWE performer being featured there works just fine. The Muppets on RAW insults my intelligence. Let's look at some of the events featured on RAW over the years.....


- Mae Young and Mark Henry.....yeah, I went there.
- Edge and Lita's sex celebration
- Vince McMahon cheating on his wife with nearly every blonde on the roster.
- Shane/ jumper cables/ Kane......if I have to fill in the blanks, you haven't been watching long enough.
- Dawn Marie marrying Torrie Wilson's dad in his underwear.....the honeymoon footage is even worse.
- Kane lighting J.R. on fire......go get the marshmallows, kids.


If my point isn't clear and you WWE fans still believe it's a more family friendly product, I give up....there's no convincing you. For anyone else, I have a suggestion.....watch the highlights on YouTube, chances are the wrestling will be in short supply. I, myself, may catch a highlight or two, but Nielsen won't be getting ANY numbers from me on their radar. There, I've said my peace. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be a good laugh to see the muppets on raw and of course the wwe ain't a family show since when was it ever.

    ReplyDelete