Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Proof....

Former WWE writer and Ring of Honor director Dave Lagana announced on his website today that he has signed with TNA. Here is part of his statement:

"I leave Ring of Honor Wrestling to tackle new challenges. I’ve accepted a position as Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling. My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show. I’m excited to see what the future holds and thank everyone for the support over not only the last nine months of this site but through my entire career."


Things are beginning to heat up. I've been mentioning the possibility of another show beyond Impact for months now and this is a prediction, I'm proud to say, that is beginning to take shape. The addition of new writers and new members of the team goes to show TNA is getting serious. This is more evidence that Spike is behind the development of the TNA product into an actual power. 


With this added member of the arsenal of former WWE writers and staff from the Attitude Era and shortly following, it also proves, at least to me that this is going to feel a little bit like WWE from that time period, with the edgy, sometimes dark, provocative programming TNA is expected to bring to the table. This isn't to say it'll be subpar....in fact, I believe very much the opposite. TNA is going to get a bit of a facelift and that much in the way of production value and directing from the very best that the business has to offer. 


Do you know what I like most about all the changes? They're not shopping for in ring talents. It's all about writing consistent stories worth telling and TNA has had their share of problems in that area over the past couple of years anyway. Additionally, it appears that Dixie and the board all believe that they already have the best players in the world right now, and I would venture that they're absolutely right.

No comments:

Post a Comment