Friday, November 18, 2011

Breathing Easy....

Whew! I thought today would never get here! Okay, before I go any further, let me warn you all ONCE AGAIN that this is going to spoil a BUNCH of what happens the next couple of weeks for TNA television. Now that I've gotten that off my chest....off we go....

First thing's first.....who attacked James Storm? I keep getting asked that question...that and whether or not he's okay. For the record, he'll be fine. To answer the question I started with, Storm's attacker was a very angry and returning Kurt Angle. This does something special that I didn't even think of....it brings in another face to feud.

Why is this important? It buys time. With the history already there, it'd be a bit negligent not to use it to the fullest. Will this be a very long feud? No. Fact is, though, it doesn't need to be. It just needs to be long enough to complicate the story for a couple of months. Occupying a wrestler who is supposed to be in a much larger title feud isn't terribly difficult. Simply pick out a character to pass time and put over said wrestler to make him credible as a title threat. Once the feud has run its course, you may return to the title feud, already in progress.

Now, with this underway, the question of who the title shot for Final Resolution should go to is a very valid one. Let me be the proud one to tell you AJ Styles has another round of battle in him. To the cheer of the crowds and me, as a HUGE fan, we'll see Roode vs. Styles in a 30 minute Iron Man match. I know, a traditional Iron Man match goes 60 minutes, but on a card that promises to be even more stacked than the last one, this is still a very big match. I'm hopeful for the seeds of a full fledged Fortune title match to be planted at Final Resolution. Kazarian is holding things together only well enough to keep things from spilling out into the parking lots and such, but that won't be the case for long.

Okay, I've given you guys some of the biggest news in the World Title picture, but there is one piece still missing from the world of TNA as a whole. We have a new tag team I think will hold gold for a very long time if left unchecked......wait for it......Matt Morgan and Crimson! Wait...huh? Yep. you read that right. The feuding champions are not entirely unlike a Kurt Angle/ Chris Benoit tag team from the opening days of the Smackdown brand extension. They, too, were feuding champions. As I recall, they broke a trophy and knocked Stephanie McMahon on her butt. Not going to lie, when I saw that segment, I cried because I was laughing so hard. During that time you had Edge and Mysterio as well as The Guerreros (R.I.P. Eddie) feuding and in TNA, you've still got Mexican America and, for the moment, Ink Inc.

There is very definitely more to this equation and the story is entirely too much to get out in one post. I'll keep you all in the loop, but you've got to watch it all happen, it'll really make things come to life. It makes everything happening worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment