Monday, November 14, 2011

The H factor.....

Bobby Roode is a great heel champion. His rise, albeit, a bit rushed feels like I've seen something like it before. I couldn't put my finger on it until I watched his promo just before his title defense this Sunday. I must have watched that piece of footage four times and then it hit me. A current WWE superstar- one of the only veterans left- could have said those words with only slight modification and it would have made PERFECT sense to the entirety of the WWE Universe. Why? Because the way he would have said it AND the way Roode said it works. Now, I hope you'll bear with me, because I have gone through the trouble of typing out that very promo.

I will put names where they would belong and show just how professional this promo really is. I'm sure you're asking who else this promo could have been spoken by. I will prove that it could have been used by none other than WWE's current COO, Triple H.

Bobby Roode: Let me make one thing perfectly clear, JB....I was Beer Money. I was Fortune. The fact is, I never needed a James Storm....a Kazarian, and I sure as hell didn't need you, AJ Styles. The fact is-is all you guys ever did is cramp my space and prevent me from reaching my full potential. And now that I've kicked you all to the curb, I now proudly stand here, your World Heavyweight Champion. You see, I was always the leader....I was the true star. And AJ; your ego and your jealousy got the best of you. You couldn't deal with it...you see I was the face of the company and you couldn't deal with it. JB, you could look me in the eye and you could call me selfish and I would stare back in your beady little eyes and I would say "you're damn right, I'm selfish".  I will do whateverit takes to keep this title around my waist- I will win at all costs. I am the leader of the selfish generation; I am the "it" factor of professional wrestling. AJ, you've seen what I did to my partner to get this title. Imagine AJ- just imagine what I am capable of doing to you. Fortune four AJ, no more.


Now, let's look at this again. This time the feud takes place sometime during the Evolution break up and it makes a few tweaks to the storyline in order to fit, but it IS all in the exact speech style he would use.....just watch....


Triple H: Let me make this perfectly clear JR...I WAS DX. I WAS Evolution. The fact is, I never needed a Shawn Michaels.....an Orton, and I sure as hell didn't need you Batista. The fact is- is all you guys ever did is cramp my space and prevent me from reaching my final goal. I now that I've kicked you all to the curb, I now proudly stand here, your World Heavyweight Champion. You see I was ALWAYS the leader.....I was the true star. And Dave, your ego and your jealousy got the best of you. You couldn't deal with it....you see I was the face of the company and you couldn't deal with it. JR, you could look me in the eye and you could call me selfish and I would stare back in those beady little eyes and I would say "you're damn right I'm selfish!" I will do whatever it takes to keep this title around my waist- I will win at all costs. I am the leader of the selfish generation; I AM the "IT" factor of professional wrestling. Batista, you've seen what I did to Michaels. Imagine; just imagine what I am capable of doing to you. Evolution is no more.


Uncanny.....isn't it? TNA is making the strides it takes to turn Roode into a veteran star. I can think of no better model for him than this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment