I've been vocal in months past about my support for the work and contributions of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, very vocal. Having said that, I would like to run another fantasy draft for you all. Barring the management members of the TNA product:
If I could replace as many members of the TNA roster as I wish or relegate them to other tasks , where I begin?
- I don't know how many readers here know that Abyss is a member of the TNA team of writers, but I would pull him from the ring and only use him perhaps twice per year, much like WWE is doing with the Undertaker these days. Keeping him as a writer seems like a decent trade-off because they need wrestling people and he seems to have some very good ideas.
- Christy Hemme needs her pay cut. Seriously. She is getting FAR more than any other Knockout on the ENTIRE roster. If that means she decides to hit the bricks, I say good bye and good riddance. It frees up money that can be used elsewhere.
- Hernandez. I would release this guy because a.) he has no charisma and it makes me not care about him. I feel bad about not caring, but Anarquia seems to have things together more. Replacing Hernandez would be Chavo Guerrero. He can talk. He can work. He can sell.
- Jackie Moore. TNA isn't using her on TV and hasn't since last month. Simple as that. Replacing her would be Melina, who is ready to come to the plate. My warning, however, is to beware of backstage drama as Melina has stirred up more than her share in WWE and a repeat offense could only jeopardize the progress made in the division. Bringing back Shelly Martinez might not be a bad idea either.
- Ric Flair. He no longer is serving a purpose in TNA. Immortal is all but dead. His only real allies are Eric Bischoff and Gunner, neither of which is a compelling reason to keep him on the roster, where he bleeds a half a million per year from the company. A cool 3/4 of a million dollars is what TNA would save by cutting pay for Christy Hemme and cutting Flair loose. Bring in John Morrison. He isn't a replacement on his storyline, but Bischoff doesn't need any more help than Gunner as his aide.
- Robbie E. has got to go. I've NEVER been a fan. From the beginning, I never got it. I could never get behind him the way the internet fanbase has gotten behind Zack Ryder. My question for Robbie is, can he be repackaged and reintroduced as another character down the line? With the right look, he very DEFINITELY could.
- Replace Karen Jarrett and GET HER OFF MY TV!!!!!! Traci Brooks is much less abrasive. She's an experienced Knockout, who can hold her own in ring.
The run down goes a bit like this....
On the way out or reassigned:
On the way in:
This was simple, cut a few and hire three. If TNA uses everyone else on their roster, they have PLENTY of members to create new stories for years to come.