Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tag Team....Part 2. News....

In the event anyone was wondering where I've been; as it turns out putting together columns daily is pretty darn taxing. I've got a couple more questions to toss out to my tag team partner TFC, who is back to throw down, so let's jump right in.

Who should TNA try to snap up in the last round of WWE releases and how do you bring them in?


Tactix: This question is pretty near and dear to my heart as I've been talking about one more debut for sure before year's end. As many know, four WWE talents have reached the end of their 90 days no compete clause, which begs the question of who they are, right? Melina, Chris Masters, Kozlov, and DH Smith. Out of the whole bunch, I can think of uses for all of them, depending upon how TNA wants to use them, but I most would like to see Melina and Chris Masters in TNA as there is ready need. If Chris Masters teams with Matt Morgan, you could really have something special WWE would drool over, particularly HHH, who has gone on record saying he wants to rebuild the Tag Division. Melina would work well as the enforcer to Karen Jarrett's Gail Kim. Put her on the side of Ms. Brooks and stand back, giving her and Kim a solid 6 minutes of screen time to put on a clinic.

TFC: I want to thank you for reading and would love for you to pop over to my MMA themed blog www.thefightingcripple.wordpress.com. Thank you again. First of all, WWE has let a round of wrestlers go from the company including Melina, DH Smith, Chris Masters and Kozlov. The only perfomer that I don't think TNA should pick up is Kozlov. I think the rest of the talent has the ability to be flexible with their characters. Kozlov on the other hand was not graced with the look to play anything else than a mad Russian. I have spoken with Tactix about this and he has a totally different view, but I will let him tell you about this. Smith and Masters are two of the most undervalued talents WWE has had for a while. I think they are both supernaturally strong and very talented. Masters could teach Smith a little something about working the mic, but he is talented in the ring. 


What is the difference between The Rock turning heel at Survivor Series and Cena turning heel?


Tactix: There is SO much difference between Rocky going heel and Cena going heel that it's barely a question of if, but how they do it. As much as I want Cena to turn, I simply don't see it to be so. Cena is the Hulk Hogan of WWE now. He sells T-Shirts, hats, posters, whatever they need him to. The Rock no longer needs WWE. If The Rock turns heel, Cena ONCE AGAIN turns in his shirt for a cape and becomes invincible. It's been the same story for the past 7 or 8 years. Vince, however, still believes Cena must remain a face. If Cena turns heel, WWE's PG format jumps a level to PG13, but if The Rock turns heel, Cena must defeat adversity and the show remains PG. Simple as that.


TFC: Ok, there is no doubt in my mind that this tag team match involving Cena and the Rock on one team is going to go down as simply as it looks. One person is going to turn on the other. I want to talk a little bit about what the difference is between the Rock turning on Cena and Cena turning on the Rock because the two situations do not have the same outcome. First of all if Rock turns on Cena, then it is the same old same old wwe. It is the same kind of Cena is a martyr storyline that has been going on for so long now. He will have to fight his way back against the big mean Rock. This means that there will definitely be a continuation of the PG era boringness that WWE has been putting out forever now. On the other hand, if Cena turns on the Rock, that would be the best possibility for the ending of the PG era. This would mean that Cena has turned Heel which in my eyes would not only be best for the company, but it would be the best for Cena's career. He has become very predictable and boring. Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the strongest most talented guys on the roster, but they have put him in such a box with his current character and storyline that he can't do anything too risky or out of the box. But I am dreading Survivor Series sooo much because I think they are going to have Rock turn on Cena. The fans act as if WWE can't do any wrong so this will be fine for most, but true professional wrestling fans are getting bored with the PG era and unfortunately may lead to the downfall of the company that I have loved for so long.


This ends part 2, but do yourself a favor and toss in some traffic at TFC's blog, www.thefightingcripple.wordpress.com. Thanks once again to TFC for throwing down some thoughts and giving a second perspective on these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment