Tuesday, February 14, 2012

300.....

This is 300. I only planned on doing maybe 50, but this is 300 posts, guys. I've been giving this post thought for quite some time. What can I talk about here that I haven't covered before? Do I crack down on the naysayers? Do I throw down on the critics and skeptics? Do I throw stones at WWE's glass house? I suppose I could do some of that, but not now, not today. I think this post needs to be something a bit more special than that. I've got some of my favorite pieces of TNA video as well as throw out a card that might be a bit unorthodox.

I've got about 2 videos I'd like to throw in for examination....

1. The performer that TNA fans have been waiting for to make his return.......
His run with Lucha Libre USA has earned him his current tag team titles, which he is still defending there to this day. I have lost count as to how many people have asked me where the Maple Leaf Muscle has been since his last match. Now you know....As for whether or not a return would be possible, I would say yes, but only time and his options will tell.

2. I HAVE to give a "What were you thinking?" to TNA for this little gem....

Okay, now that I got all of that out of my system, a few columns ago, I made plans to talk about some things that could change or rearrange the order of matches on a PPV card. I think I'd like to go into a possible scenario. Let's suppose you've got Bobby Roode and a certain GM (Sting) wants to get the belt off of him. I say you make 2 matches. One against any opponent who has a rematch clause unused and one against the winner of a battle royale later on in the night depending on who holds the belt after the first match. Have the first title match at the beginning of the night to put the plan into effect. As the night goes on, you start teasing a special "secret weapon". At the end of the battle royale, every eliminated performer is required to remain at the top of the ramp without going back to the locker room as the new #1 contender has the final match of the night as a Lumberjack Match. Fact is, however, even if there was a title change at the beginning, I'd let the match take place. 

Another option is to enforce the 24 Hour Rule, just like the days of the WWF Hardcore Title. Put the target on the back of Roode for an entire night. Now both of these could be tailor made to fit TNA's custom framework and it could be done very effectively, given the time to fully blossom. What do you guys think? 24 Hour Rule? Lumberjack Match? What kind of stips would YOU use to guarantee a new title holder before night's end?

No comments:

Post a Comment