Sunday, February 26, 2012

Heyman and the Drew's New Dues.....

At the request of a long time commenter, I bring to you one piece of history that runs full circle right now, as I write this. Before I go too far, I would like to bring this to the surface because it needs to be heard to make my point fully understood.....

For those of you who agree with Heyman, I understand your position. I, however, respectfully disagree with the plan Paul Heyman had in mind when negotiations were happening. If this conversation were to happen now, however, I think we may have something to talk about. Having a look at what we're seeing on TV, I see Sting as the authoritarian with Flair and Hogan on the sidelines as cheerleaders or managers, so to speak. I don't think this is too far from what Heyman was talking about. Sometimes you don't even see them, which is fine for spotlighting the younger stars he mentioned in the soundbyte.

Now, do I think Heyman would save TNA? Not a chance. I don't doubt his creative genius still has juice left, but I wouldn't hand him the keys to the city. In my humble opinion, no one should have the reigns of control unless they had the wherewithal to adjust this company in such a way as to go toe to toe with Vince tomorrow, particularly as a head of creative. Even Hogan had someone to answer to. The powers that were making the decisions at the time gave him some very lofty power and they learned a tough lesson not to run the course they did. It's taken nearly 2 years to come back from it. A Heyman shift would only have led to a power struggle which would have been chaotic for everyone from the top on down the line.

NOW.....onto WWE's latest pet project, Drew McIntyre. For a guy who was 'handpicked' by Vince, he's had a VERY hard run of bad luck, beginning with Tiffany. As many of you will note, Tiffany was the manager of ECW for the end run. What some don't know is that Tiffany and Drew were married. In 2010, an domestic disturbance was reported involving Drew and Tiffany. Tiffany was suspended and later released, but Drew was demoted and has yet to recover from the backlash.

His newest gimmick reminds me of Orlando Jordan in his last run with TNA. One day, Vince and his cronies will tire of making Drew pay and move on to someone more deserving....but I doubt this new gimmick will last much longer as fans who've been used to seeing a less edgy character in the past are going to grow tired of him rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment