Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stepping up.....

There is talk going around that the plan for RVD in the coming months is a feud against the current X Division Champion, Austin Aries. I think a high profile player like RVD would be just what Aries and the X Division needs to bring both into the upper visible echelons of the company. The fact that in the coming weeks, he's going to be competing as a tweener character makes me believe that he's going to be TNA's next great project to bring to the dance. I can see him either vacating the title in favor of the Heavyweight Title or losing the X Title once he's won the big belt.

Both contracts are up in the coming month or two, which means TNA needs to act fast to renew or they'll risk losing a pair of truly great talents who are very over with fans. The climate of storylines in TNA has stepped up in intensity, which is what Lockdown is all about and I can see some solid match of the year candidates shaping up. I won't spoil it for you all, but trust me, there is some good stuff on the way.

If you're wondering why I spoiled news of the Tag Team Division and not some of the best matches coming for Lockdown I have an answer for that as well. The Tag Team Division has been in a bit of disarray for a few months now, though the storylines have been enough to cover some of the missing pieces. Instead of simply giving you all assurances that things would get better, evidence seemed more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment