Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lockdown's Solutions.....

I've just had a look at the card. Everything makes sense so far. Here's what we've got on tap, unless things change.....

Lethal Lockdown.....Team Garett (AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson, Austin Aries, Garett Bischoff and one you've been asking about....RVD) vs. Team Eric (Bully Ray, Daniels, Kazarian, Gunner, and possibly Eric himself)
Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle
Joe/Magus vs. The Motor City Machine Guns for the Tag Team Titles
Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky for the Knockouts Title
Devon vs. Robbie E. for the TV Title
Bobby Roode vs. James Storm for the World Heavyweight Title
Crimson vs. Matt Morgan

Sounds like a pretty solid card to me and I will say that the finishes to each match will NEED to make sense if TNA expects buyrates to work out the way they plan. The most often talked about complaint among critics is the finish of the PPV. If the finish isn't good or isn't a clean finish or if it doesn't make sense, the critics will tune out instead of enjoying the product.

If it were me writing the card, I probably would have had the TV Title defended on Impact for the week after, with a number one contenders match for both the X Title and TV Title on the PPV, but that may be just me. Whatever the case may be, it's still a respectable card and a lot of people are getting used. I would think guys like Doug Williams and Anthony Nese will get some more time in the coming weeks now that Aries is beginning to move up the card. Also, now that the Guns are back, it makes 3 teams, but I would venture that another team should be formed to put an even greater emphasis on that division.

Every little tweak I'm suggesting is just fine tuning, guys. In truth, if they wanted to just sit back and work with what they have, I'd have no problem with it as their performers are doing just fine in their work for the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad velvet is finally getting a title shot! She is one of the best wrestlers in the knockouts division...... but that's my opinion. The card for lockdown looks for a promising ppv. The abyss story?? I'm not sure what they have planned there. GreAt article by the way

    ReplyDelete