Thursday, April 26, 2012

Open Fight Night...Purpose and Function....

For those of you who stuck around and caught the couple of posts the past couple of days, thanks for reading, for those of you who missed it.....I'm back and I've got a couple of things to talk about. First up on the docket.....My business strategy. If anyone was thinking I want to put only the second string roster members on the new show, NOTHING could be further from the truth. First of all, there ARE no second string roster members, in my humble opinion. Second of all, the second show NEEDS to be a "must see" show so that those who miss it will be a little bit lost on Impact the following week if they didn't see it.

Now, I'm sure some of you are scratching your heads asking why. My reasoning is simple. In order to draw people into watching the new show, there must be reason to do so. Why not pursue current plot points and storyline progressions on BOTH shows, each that affects how the other begins or ends? Seems to me that it stands to scrutiny. Not only that, but it gives more time for writers to change a characters' direction.

Okay, now that THAT is out of the way, on to what I really want to talk about.....Open Fight Night. By show of hands, does anyone know who is allowed to show up on Open Fight Night? That's right, ANYONE who is a free agent right now on the open market. You guys have mentioned Batista and Goldberg, BOTH of which are on the open market right now. Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Lita, Trish Stratus, everyone's pretty much fair game. Let me assure you all, Brock Lesnar is only flash in the bucket compared to what TNA has in store for Slammiversary. THAT is what Open Fight Night is all about. When does it end? I have no way of knowing, but I can tell you this, storylines are going to move forward now and with more intensity. Who's coming to Open Fight Night? THAT'S a subject for tomorrow. Pros and cons abound for what's next.

1 comment:

  1. what do TNA plan on having for Slamiversary??
    News that TNA planning ROODE vs STORM at BFG!

    F5

    ReplyDelete