Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Scotty too shoddy?

If anyone has been watching Scott Steiner on Twitter, you would have seen his many criticisms of TNA and the managerial decisions surrounding the product. The fact is, his critique is so filled with words that it's truly staggering. I'm surprised he hasn't exceeded the maximum number of words for the social network, to be blunt.

Now, I think I've made my distaste for Twitter perfectly clear in past columns, but for anyone who hasn't read any of those, let me say that it's in bad taste to air your dirty laundry on social networks in general, but for those in the wrestling world, it's news. CM Punk's Chris Brown battle on Twitter started something in the wrestling world....now EVERYONE is venting their frustrations with their perspective brand.

Now about Scott's specific complaints? He fires off about the Abyss storyline, Garett Bischoff, TNA cutting costs on catering, who they're pushing and who is getting the shaft. Seriously, there is so much more to his rant that it's maddening. My question about all of it is WHY?

His career has been rather bumpy as of recent years, but is that the fault of TNA management? In my opinion, no. His moveset is 30 years old and it hasn't been adjusted....so many legends have come and gone and each one coming through TNA has been able to adjust to their product and yet, for some odd reason, he hasn't. Sting took on some new tricks, as did Hogan. For Hogan, the leg drop disappeared...nevermind that his hip replacement surgery took that move away from him. My point is that adjusting would have been his saving grace, but he never did.

And the end of the story? Who knows? But one thing is for sure, friendships have been severed and relationships ended over his words. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....only YOU can prevent Twitter fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment