Nearly a year has gone by since I put together a fantasy PPV card between the Superstars of WWE and TNA's finest. Much has changed in that time and I see no better time than the present to package up another card to salivate over. SO without any further ado, let's get right to it....
First things' first....I say we have a look at the top crust of the roster and evaluate who should be ON the card.
1. CM Punk
2. John Cena
3. Randy Orton
4. Daniel Bryan
6. Cody Rhodes
9. Santino Marella
10. Kofi Kingston
These are all of WWE's current champions plus Randy Orton and John Cena. Do I believe this line up would be the best representation? NO! However, the current crop of champions are who WWE see fit in pushing, so we'll use them for a rough draft PPV card.
2. Bobby Roode
3. Eric Young
5. Austin Aries
6. Gail Kim
9. Kurt Angle
10. James Storm
These are all of TNA's current champions plus Kurt Angle and James Storm. Do I believe these can put out a decent card? ABSOLUTELY. With one little tweak to the card, you'd have yourself a decent card and a pretty funny spectacle all at the same time. I hope you don't mind a little longer read on this one. Strap in and let's explore some possibilities, shall we?
1. John Cena vs. Kurt Angle.....This match is a bit of a throwback to beginnings, but with the biggest merchandise seller on WWE's roster and arguably TNA's best matchmaker, this would be a decent match. Who wins? Does it matter?
2. Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton.....Why? Because I believe this would be a TREMENDOUS match as Roode could pull something special out of Orton, like a few new moves.
3. Gail Kim vs. Layla......This is a WWE classic throwaway match...that is, unless Layla can pick up her pace and do something unexpected.
4. Austin Aries vs. Cody Rhodes......I want to stack the deck on this one. TNA's X Division Champion can outwork the Intercontinental Champion any day of the week. Easy W in the column for TNA.
5. Daniels and Kazarian vs. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth....A reunion is imminent for this as R-Truth is a former TNA World Title holder. Who wins this one? I would like to point out that this is one I would give a bunch of time and much that is unexpected could happen.....so I don't know.
6. James Storm vs. Sheamus.....This will HAVE to be a Street Fight or a Falls Count Anywhere as both guys are far more capable brawlers than they are technical masters. As for the winner? No clue, but a good match nevertheless.
7. Eric Young vs. CM Punk.....Because I LOVED Eric Young's heel persona, I would put THAT persona against CM Punk. Under those circumstances, we will see something magical happen....I can guarantee that. Eric Young is one of the best and underutilized performers on the TNA roster and he can hang with Punk.
8. ODB vs. Santino Marella......Why? Simple. Santino is a clown and the match is comedy gold. With a setup beginning with Santino trying to woo ODB away from Young and ODB forbidding Eric from getting involved, it could be REALLY funny.
I'm sure you noticed some glaring absences from TNA's presence....Jeff Hardy, RVD, Anderson, AJ Styles, and a host of Knockouts, but fear not, we can put together a decent number of PPV cards to include them in the line up.