Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Way It Is....

Every once in a while, one of the fan sites on Facebook has the ability to ask a really good question and while I ponder the best way to answer, it sometimes forces me to ask a few more questions just to put the proper amount of spin on my answer. For example, this is MY task:

The Rules: Exchange ONE wrestler from WWE for another from TNA's CURRENT roster. I will ONLY exchange equal-ish talents; meaning I can't trade Robbie E. for John Cena....not that I'd want to.

My pick to send is James Storm. My pick to receive is Daniel Bryan.

Before ANYONE decides this isn't a fair contest, let me explain. While there MAY be a possibility of Steve Austin coming out of retirement for one-more-match, I have my doubts, particularly after coming off of a surgery just this summer, hence his absence from the 1000th episode of RAW. While a CM Punk feud with Austin would be, as WWE would say, Money in the Bank, it certainly wouldn't be a timeless classic. You all know where I'm going with this. James Storm is a NOTORIOUS beer drinker and an endorsement by the Texas Rattlesnake himself, even going so far as guest refereeing or enforcing the match would be almost as good, by my way of looking at it, making the trade FAR more even than it might otherwise be.

The American Dragon is still young. My pick from the WWE roster was to bring in someone who could still go a few years AND has history with a great deal of the TNA talent roster. Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, even Kenny King......they're all former ROH alums. Nothing against someone like Sheamus or Randy Orton, because they would have been decent enough choices as well, but no one else has a more storied history with as many TNA talents than him. It would be a grand day, indeed, to see a 6 man elimination cage match between Bryan and his former ROH cohorts....now THAT would be a true classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment