Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wandering......

So today, for once, I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. I'm at odds with my own predictions.....or at least one of them. I'm rather resolute with the finish, but the who and the how are my problem. I'm referring, of course, to the Sting/Bully Ray vs. Aces and Eights match tomorrow. Who causes the loss or no contest and how is it pulled off?

Initially, it seems simple. Ray turns on Sting, Sting takes a three on one beatdown after the bell has sounded to stop the match. But here's the thing: it's almost TOO simple. Among the most common complaints about TNA's former self is that they would continually overbook their matches with run-ins and the like. Everything would fall apart at the seams because TNA writers were either too lazy or clueless (yeah, I said it.) to book an actual finish to the match. NOW, since the staff has been rebuffed and revamped, overbooked finishes are the exception, not the rule. Even so, this makes for a difficult decision as it seems clear to me that the writers are now backed into a corner.

For this match to be believable, you only have two real options:

a.) Bully Ray turns on Sting, causing them to lose the match.
b.) A run-in, featuring a member who comes in to cause the loss.

I happen to be of the belief that this match is pivotal to moving forward for a variety of reasons, too numerous to mention here. I've been predicting a revelation that will change everything and I get the distinct impression that we'll see just that this Sunday. I still view Matt Morgan as the X-Factor in this contest because there is precedent backing it as he's been talking about making statements at house shows the past weeks. This seems about as good a place as any to make one.

I am beginning to see the trend of Ray being more than simply the of the best heels, but being such that people are beginning to root for him. Yeah, he's the bad guy, but he's also the one who re-invented himself as the best one on the roster. He's brash, arrogant, abrasive, condescending, and yet he can lose without fear of staying on the bottom of the card. THAT makes him unique. And, in case you're wondering, politics have very little to do with his status.

SO....Bully Ray? Matt Morgan? Someone else entirely? Who knows? Finding out Sunday seems so cruel since I'm looking so forward to the event. Come game day, I've got an experiment I'd like to try. A fantasy Survivor Series match featuring the 6 WWE main event players and TNA's top 6.

I see no harm in revealing the card, but tomorrow we'll explore.

John Cena, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, and Sheamus
                                      vs.
Austin Aries, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Jeff Hardy, and Matt Morgan

Tessmacher vs. Eve

Miz vs. Zema Ion

Team Hell No vs. Kazarian and Daniels

Samoa Joe vs. Antonio Cesaro

THIS is what I call Night of Champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment