Saturday, November 17, 2012

Newcomers....

Far be it from me to sway any of you from doing what you want to do anyway, but next week, TNA features EVERY Gut Check Winner so far AND Wes Brisco as the Gut Check Contestant of the month. In previous columns I have asked where they are now. Now, it seems, we FINALLY get to see if they've made some modifications to their movesets or put together a finisher or made alliances.....everything I've asked for we get to see this coming week.

I would like to take yet another chance to thank you all for being loyal to this column. I bring it as daily as physically able and it is by your comments and questions that a good portion of this operates. I do ask one thing.....pass it on. If there is one thing I pride myself on, it's growth personally as a writer and an analyst of current goings-on in the professional wrestling sphere, but growth there is only as good as the audience who is able to see that progression. If you would be so kind, please share this with someone new.....someone who might need a little bit of convincing towards TNA from their WWE watching persona. I appreciate all the support.

SO....newcomers. Those of you who have read my analysis of Christian York will note that this development makes me VERY happy, to say the least. As far as I'm concerned, 3 weeks out of 4 with him as a part of Impact is a welcome change. Not to toot my own horn, but his first opponent is among my predictions.....and you'll LOVE the reveal.

And Taeler Hendrix, you all remember her, right? Her opponent doesn't disappoint either.
Taeler Hendrix
I could not be more proud of the TNA upper brass for putting the entire card for Open Fight Night together for such a time as this. Here's hoping for the trend to continue moving forward. Fresh faces ARE needed and the two lacking divisions NEED the help that those faces could bring.

Another piece of much desired news.....TNA has moved UP in ratings, for those of you who care about that sort of thing. This week, the rating went to 1.1, which is quite a viewing hike. Compare this to Smackdown's , which last week was at 1.4, and you have the beginning of something special....so much for distant second place anymore. In earlier columns as well as those from outside sources, all it takes is a good story, a debut, the reshuffling of current talents, or even the repackaging of an old concept and the wrestling environment begins to look just a little bit different to the casual wrestling fan. It seems that the combination of live broadcasts, debuts of new talents via Gut Check, a push of TNA and Ring of Honor made talents, the redemption of Jeff Hardy, and a consistently interesting storyline set have made TNA the company to watch this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment