I'd like to give you all a bit of insight into the way I sometimes find myself writing topics here. I'll just be sitting around, chatting with a good friend and the ideas will flow from a sentence beginning with the words "Wouldn't it be cool if....". That's the honest truth. And this column, in particular, brings that idea into focus with a couple of notions.
What if Aces and Eights had a list of demands that were actually in line with what the fans have been asking for in the first place? The thought occurred to me this morning that we STILL have no clue what they want. If the faction's demands read like this?
-X Division time
-Knockouts Tag Title retirement
-The 6 Sided Ring
-The revelation and re-signing of Petey Williams
Can you imagine? And if this is coming from the mind of the TNA Founder, himself?! The fans would ERUPT. There would be Aces and Eights video games in the works. Believe it. This faction would potentially reach nWo heights in terms of popularity...without a doubt. If the true goal of Aces and Eights has been to restore TNA to a former era under the current look and glint of the product, there is simply no limit to the possibilities. The question is now HOW do they go about it?
1. Reveal the leader at Victory Road. It doesn't even matter if it's Jeff Jarrett or not. Have the leader challenge Hulk Hogan's finest at Lethal Lockdown. Until then, however, one match determines how deep the rabbit hole goes. The leader picks one man and Hogan picks one man for a match before the main event. IF Hogan's man wins, Aces and Eights dissolves. If the LEADER'S man wins, 6 Sides of Steel returns at Lockdown.
2. Leading up to that time, reveal one member at Genesis, another at Against All Odds. The Final Resolution PPV can focus on the leader warning the members to hold on to their identities. Make mask removal of utmost importance.
3. In the weeks leading up to Lockdown, put the following stipulations in place.....
- The full faction force is banned from ringside.
- The direction of TNA changes based on the winner of the Lethal Lockdown match. If Aces and Eights wins, the clock rolls back and Hogan leaves TNA.
It's what SOME of you want, the difference is that through some kind of shenanigans, the President of the Company MUST make a choice. The clock turns back, but the Leader of Aces and Eights and Hulk Hogan SHARE managerial duties.