Thursday, November 29, 2012

What If? The Names You Never Considered.....

I've been watching old tape. I love doing that. Sometimes it gives me some perspective as to how to begin this column. Other times it brings a member of the roster back to my mind that I never before would have considered as a legitimate contender for a belt, position, or push. There are a few names on the CURRENT TNA roster who, if they were revealed as members of Aces and Eights, it would be a welcome surprise, at least to me. Let's have a look at a few.......

Kid Kash......

If you haven't watched TNA Today, shame on you. The show reminds me of WWE Confidential, which I miss terribly. In any case, the most recent episode of the show featured 10 minutes with Kash and, though I've always been a fan of the man, it gave me a much deeper respect. Not only so, but it made me convinced that it's possible for him to be revealed as a member of the faction. With 22 years of wrestling experience and a list of accolades numerous all over the world, he can carry a match, not to mention a microphone quite well. My best examples of his work are either in the opening days of TNA OR in the X Division competitions between he, Austin Aries, Zema Ion, and Jesse Sorenson from last year/early this year.

Chris Sabin.....

The man is still TECHNICALLY a member of the TNA roster. His injuries have been plaguing him to a startling degree in recent years, but since he's not been seen of such a long time and since it was Austin Aries who put him on the shelf, at least in storylines, it would make sense with him being the arm breaker. I've never really seen him as a heel, so this could be very refreshing and, if the faction twists into the face faction for the history books with their reasoning for being, as I've brought to the table before, it seems more possible now than it otherwise might have earlier.

If TNA decides to go back into their time machine and pluck a few people from the past to bring into the story and, ultimately back onto the roster, my first choices are Monty Brown, Chris Harris, and Lance Hoyt, with Hoyt being the most likely of the bunch. He has the look that could fit well into the motorcycle gang persona without much modification.

SO those are just a few names you may have never considered, but as I always say....watch the patterns and it'll all reveal itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment