Friday, December 21, 2012

Survival Tactix: 2013's Coming Attractions.....

I'd like to take this column in a different direction for the next few days. I've been looking at forums and various outside outlets and there are a few predictions I'd like to make concerning each division as it relates to TNA as a whole. With that thought in mind, I want to take some time to hit on each one so as to be completely thorough. SO, from the top......The World Heavyweight Title....

I've made it no secret that I believe Bully Ray and Matt Morgan to be the next World Champion first-timers TNA has brought up the ranks. As for when? THAT, my friends, is a little tougher to predict than the who's on the list. As far as I can tell, so long as TNA is in the free and clear with Jeff Hardy's contract being re-signed, I see no reason for Jeff to continue retaining indefinitely.

My best prediction for the World Title right now, one of TWO things will happen....

1. Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries will be announced in the week or two leading up to Genesis.

OR

2. Jeff Hardy will be forced to take on BOTH Austin Aries AND Bobby Roode at Genesis.

If Roode vs. Aries happens, who takes on Jeff? Why not James Storm?

This coming year will be the year TNA begins to shuffle things around again, bringing new guys into the title picture whilst moving others into contention for other titles on the horizon. That's my prediction for Jeff Hardy once his World Title reign has reached its end.

The coming year will ALSO be the year TNA decides to try something groundbreaking.....they'll move from their soundstage into somewhere larger, to seat even more fans. Even if it doesn't last long as a permanent home, it'll be a far cry better than a small soundstage on the Universal Studios lot they currently occupy. I realize this isn't concerning the World Title, at least not directly. Even though that IS the case, I plan on sprinkling little tidbits like this into every column for the next few days, so stay tuned.

There is one other name I think will rise very rapidly through the ranks. Will he hit the top tier next year? It IS possible, but there is much to be done if and when he DOES. That's Christian York. The coincidence isn't lost on me either, folks. TNA makes TWO Christians into World Champions? What are the odds? If Christian Cage were to rejoin TNA, I LOVE the feud potential there in seeing two Christians fighting one another and it having nothing to do with faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment