Sunday, December 16, 2012

Survival Tactix: The Most Right of All......

I've gone through so many categories here and I realize there are a few that have gone unnamed, even on lists that might have had them on it....names like Samoa Joe, Abyss, Joey Ryan, Madison Rayne, Curt Hawkins, and others. I've had a category in mind for all of them and it goes something like this.....

Bold, Yet Underestimated.....

For some reason, all of these men and women can't seem to catch a break, even though the talent is there and they've been given chances to make something happen before. They may have even been successful before, but for whatever reason, they have had their path winded down a road that twists beyond what they can see. Why is THIS right in wrestling? Because since they ARE that talented, they can always be relied on to do their duty and, in a moment's notice, carry matches, feuds, and make magic happen where some BACKSTAGE critics might believe failure is inevitable.....

Samoa Joe
Curt Hawkins
Joey Ryan
Abyss
Madison Rayne
Doug Williams
D'Angelo Dinero

I scratch my head as to how some of these men and women found themselves in a reserve position, but when I look at title reigns and things like that, it reminds me that guys and gals like Joe, Williams, Abyss, and Rayne, who've held the largest titles in their division, CAN be counted on to do what they're known for, delivering when it counts.

Stars of the Year.......
This is the last category in this series of columns. This goes to those who have had returns, debuts, title wins, and match of the year candidates that are worthy of some recognition. These men and women had a great year with high profile feuds and held their own......

Miss Tessmacher
Joey Ryan
Samoa Joe
Velvet Sky
Tara
Bobby Roode
James Storm
AJ Styles
Daniels
Kazarian
Austin Aries
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
John Cena
Triple H
Zema Ion
Matt Morgan
Magnus
Bully Ray
Chavo Guerrero
Hernandez
Kaitlyn
AJ Lee
Dolph Ziggler
Devon

I know this is a long list, but truth be told, it was intended to be. I'm sure there are a few some would believe I've missed, but in my eyes, it was a calculated risk to put this list together to begin with, so I accept the blame for any WWE guys or gals I left aside. I also know that it looks like I put the entire TNA roster on the list, but you all know that's not true. Joe had the best year he's had in YEARS this year, capturing and securing the TV Title as long as he did. Some captured their first gold (Tessmacher, Ion), while others bought themselves a better spot in their careers (Morgan, Ryan, Lee). Some debuted for the first time (Chavo), while others were held at the top tier for the first time on a big stage (Bully Ray, Austin Aries). Whatever the case, these men and women did a respectable job of making circumstances work in their favor and my congratulations go out to them.

It's been a nice change, simply looking at both rosters without critiquing performances, talent, or lack thereof. I hope this series has been as enjoyable to read as it has been to write. To those who have found this place for the first time this year: Welcome. To those who've been faithful to this column, I thank you. This site is for you guys and gals who make these daily columns possible. I bid you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'll be continuing to do what I tell all of you to be doing....watching the patterns. There is news on the horizon, and in the next column, I'll bring it forward and do a bit of analysis concerning all of those things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment