Sunday, December 9, 2012

Swinging for the Fences.......

I've been getting a few comments about my statements regarding Abyss in the last column.....maybe I should be more specific and say Father Mitchell as he relates to Abyss and to the rest of the TNA roster, for that matter. Yes, historically, Mitchell has been in a heel role. HOWEVER, at no point in the column did I say that Abyss would be a member of Team TNA for the duration. In fact, one earlier column I placed Abyss FIRMLY in the Aces and Eights LEADER role. Now that I've got your attention.....let's talk about something interesting I found today.....

Eric Young has just re-signed with TNA. This coming on the heels of an epic beatdown by the Aces and Eights resulting in a hammer shot to the ankles. The question right now is if  he'll be back in a more serious role or if it'll be more of the same zany, crazy style we've seen in the past few years minus his time with World Elite. I think that after that time dies off, he began to enjoy the comedic persona more and that came off VERY well. You could tell HE was having fun in that capacity. That IS what this business is all about, having fun with your passion.

The final thing I want to cover is TONIGHT. The last match has been lined up and all that's left is for the curtain to draw. SO without any further ado, I bring you Final Resolution.

Kenny King vs. RVD for the X Title.....

This has had ZERO build, but despite that, I can GUARANTEE it to be a high spot clinic. Will it be a Match of the Year contender? Doubtful, but will it be entertaining? Count on it. Rob Van Dam doesn't NEED the X Championship,  but that is a shallow excuse to take it off of him and so despite my hopes to the contrary, I believe he'll retain.

Matt Morgan and Joey Ryan vs. Chavo and Hernandez for the Tag Team Titles.....

Ryan and Morgan are on a hot streak right now and I just don't see that quitting, at least for a time. SO, since Chavo and Hernandez have kept the belts warm for a while, I see no problem cutting their reign here and giving Ryan and Morgan a respectable reign with them.

Daniels vs. AJ Styles One Final Match......

This one is going be for all the apples, folks. I just don't see this as being anything new, despite having nothing else for AJ to do right now. Without SOMETHING to tie these two together aside from jealousy, it begins to unravel. That notwithstanding, however, I have to give it to Daniels here. Maybe a victory like this could send him up the card for a one time World Title reign. Let's face it, people, Daniels DESERVES it. Besides, a one month hiatus leading into Lockdown could make his entry as a member of Team TNA worth all the more.

Mickie James vs. Tara for the Knockouts Title.....

If Jesse comes to the ring and STAYS at ringside, I predict Tara retaining. BUT if Jesse gets sent to the back by Taryn, I'm gonna pick Mickie. Jesse makes or breaks the match. Sad, but true.

8 Man Tag....Angle's Army vs. Aces and Eights.......

This is going to be interesting. Make no mistake about it. We WILL see something new to further the story. I'm betting on either an unmasking or a return to shore up the odds in the contest. We could see Sting, we might not. What I BELIEVE we'll ultimately see is a 8 or 10 man match-up at Lockdown, but THIS will determine what one or two spots look like on the card.

I believe this far out we'll see Sting, AJ Styles, Joseph Park, and Eric Young as the revealed members of Team TNA with the possibility of having one final member revealed the day of the event. That last member I would book as one of TWO men.....James Storm or Jeff Hardy. These conditions I would determine based upon who wins the World Title picture tonight.

Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries......

Despite my reaction to HOW this match was made, I think it best to understand that Austin Aries doesn't need the win as much as Ray does right now. Aries held the belt and will probably do so once more before 2013 is over, but Bully Ray is arguably the breakout star of TNA's heel bench. No one else other than Aries has been able to create so much heat in the crowd. In this little charade, or whatever it is, between Brooke and Bully will be more fully pulled back if Bully Ray wins this contest than if Aries does. Bully wins.

Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Title......

TNA has priorities to make tonight. Do they try and persuade Jeff Hardy to stay on board by keeping him as the champion or do they let the reign end and move Hardy into a spot on Team TNA facing off against his attackers from last week? I know EXACTLY where I'm putting my money. Jeff Hardy loses his match tonight and goes on to Team TNA to exact his revenge on them while Bobby Roode's story comes full circle. Roode's story comes full circle and he faces his opponent from THIS year's Lockdown....James Storm.

These are MY picks. I think this is the best way of securing a long term storyline to lead into Lockdown, but ultimately, it's all determined by officials tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment