Friday, February 15, 2013

Survival Tactix: Better Than Ever....

Every once in a while, time will let you know when priorities need to be altered. A death in my family did just that. It forced me to set aside my keyboard, my news sources, my partnerships, and my readers and simply take some time to grieve and mourn the loss. Having kept this thing rolling for nearly 2 years now, a break is a hard thing to come by and, even with the incentive to just relax, I found myself restless, unable to fully rest my mind. That said, I figure it's best to allow myself to simply heal by doing what I've found helps speed the healing process most, write.....and not just to write, but to do so as a supporter of the most progressive promotion on the landscape right now.

SO.....now that I'm back and ready to roll on for the long haul, you're probably wondering what I've got in mind for this column. Well, I'm glad you asked. Of the many wrestlers WWE has allowed to slip away, Matt Morgan, in my humble opinion is the most devastating. Why? Because he never was given an opportunity to showcase his true worth. Have a look at this promotional package TNA ran in 2009. WWE NEVER allowed Morgan to look as menacing....


In 2009, TNA had begun to push the "DNA of TNA" towards the World Title, but in 2010, tragedy struck.....a torn pectoral muscle sidelined him for 6 weeks during the Bound for Glory Series. He had originally been primed to win the tourney AND the title at the Bound for Glory PPV itself up until that point. Upon his return, however, it became his time to wait his turn, now that Bobby Roode, James Storm, and Austin Aries had to be given their time and Jeff Hardy's full circle redemption had to get fitted into the annals of TNA history. NOW, it seems, TNA is ready to try again and bring Morgan back up the ranks and into the championship fray.

In MY opinion, Matt Morgan is the quickest big man in the business to day and the Carbon Footprint adds some much needed flair to a boring finishing move, making HIS version look like homicide personified. SO, this column is MY vote for Matt Morgan, 2013 World Champion.


The Defense Rests, Your Honor........

No comments:

Post a Comment