Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rants from Ringside: D-Lo Joins the Club.


Let me start this blog off with a little bit of a story. Tactix and I have known each other for quite some time now and one of the things that we both love doing is predicting what is going to happen on TNA. Well, after the February 28th episode of Impact, Tactix contacted me and asked me who I thought Kurt Angle had unmasked when he infiltrated the Aces and Eights . A few names were thrown out, but he was the one who mentioned D-Lo Brown. I immediately shot this down thinking the person that Angle had attacked was too, height and weight, to be D-Lo. So, needless to say I was shocked when it was revealed that it was in fact D-Lo that Angle had put the beat down on the week before. Well, last night I had just crawled into bed listening to one of my favorite movies, “Avatar” playing in the background when my phone goes off. Of course, it was Tactix, Facebook messaging me eager to find out exactly what I thought about D-Lo being announced as the VP of the Aces and Eights. Normally, I would stay up and answer him, but instead I told him that he would know by around noon today. So, I’m done stalling. Here is what I think.

D-Lo Brown is a perfect selection for the VP of the Aces and Eights. I love how so many of the members of the group are guys who have worked for WWE and didn’t exactly leave on good terms. Having guys like D-Lo, Devon, Mr. Anderson, and Mike Knox paves the way perfectly for a reveal of Jeff Jarrett as the President of the Aces and Eights. Another person I love bouncing ideas off of when it comes to pro wrestling is my mother. She is the one who got me started watching the business over 20 years ago and she loves it just as I do. So we were talking this morning about Impact and she asked me where I thought TNA was going with this storyline and who I thought the president was going to be. I simply said Jeff Jarrett then I waited for a reaction. She just stared at me a little perplexed. I explained that it makes since that he has not been around for quite some time. And then bring him back as the President of the Aces and Eights. Now, this isn’t something that Tactix and I have gone over at length so he hasn’t heard what I am about to propose.

My thoughts are that it only makes total sense to have so many ex WWE talent making up the Aces and Eights. They have come from a company that was not being run properly or who have been screwed over by Vince McMahon himself. So, having Hogan come in running things, they could come in with a list of complaints basically making the point that they had come to TNA thinking they were going to be treated fairly and that they expected to be treated better by TNA management. But, that all went away when Hogan came in. Now the X-Division is basically gone, compared to what it used to be. The Tag Team division could definitely be better than it is now and the women’s division is going through a rough patch. They will basically claim that they were not being included before joining the club and that they are here to fight for their opportunity. The fact that Devon has not defended his TV title is going to come into play as well.
In short, I was super excited to see that D-Lo was announced as the VP of the Aces and Eights and I can’t wait to see how the rest of the storyline plays out.
As always thanks for reading and I would love to find out what you think about the whole thing.
-TFC. 

1 comment:

  1. can i just point out that i called this when brisco went through gut check and he was a judge

    ReplyDelete