Sunday, March 24, 2013

Survival Tactix:

I determined that I wouldn't even bother titling this column. Why? A couple of reasons.

1. For the past week, I've been frustrated with a very possible scenario.....RVD's TNA contract is up and, even though there has been negotiations between the two parties, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Van Dam show up on WWE television. I don't see this as a loss for TNA. Let me make that perfectly clear. It allows the younger talents TNA has been introducing the chance to shine as they were meant to. The element that DOES bother me is that you can BET WWE fans are going to welcome him back as though he's coming back from retirement. It's the double standard at work once more. Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Christian, and potentially RVD were verbally burned at the stake by a great many WWE fanboys, but when they returned, they were revered. I'll never understand why loyalty has to end with the company instead of following the wrestler and remaining a fan regardless of where he or she travels to.

2. To be perfectly blunt, my heart just hasn't been in it. I've been going at this nonstop once, sometimes twice per day for almost 2 years now......this makes over 750 columns and it's tough to keep that pace, with very little from the rumor mill moving beyond Lockdown, Wrestlemania's lackluster card from bottom to top, and the potential of WWE phasing out their PPV's with the advent of the WWE Network, which FINALLY looks as though it might launch sometime. I'll be honest with you guys....it's a fun time getting into the trenches and digging into the WWE vs. TNA debate. I've been on the Frontline for almost 5 years now and the road is finally looking like TNA is going to get some traction and move into a move aggressive stance against Vince, and with his goal to even more completely cater to the moms and kids, I can see the WWE product being able to do little to combat the rising TNA product, working hard to rouse the masses of Attitude Era fans and fans from TV-14 era past into giving the newer product a fighting chance to gain some ground.

I love coming here and putting fingerstoke to key for the sake of an alternative opinion on the power struggle we're seeing play out each week. I'm working towards a new goal right now......one that deserves more time than I am able to divide between it and this.....so for a short time, I will have to set this aside. Rest assured, though, I WILL be back to cover more in the events about to unfold. There are PLENTY of things that will be on the docket.....trust me. So until that time, keep watching the patterns and keep an eye on the horizon......

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up. I personally wouldn't be able to write a column every day and therefore do not expect you to do so and I'm sure none of the other readers do either.

    I've been following this blog for about a year and I love the perspective that it comes from. Basically I guess what I'm trying to convey is that I enjoy what you've done here and while I want for it to continue I also don't want you to burn yourself out. So take it easy and write when the inspiration hits and don't ever let it feel like work.

    ReplyDelete