Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Survival Tactix: The First Five.....

This column is special. How so? Because it runs in the vein of something I try to do every year once or so. This is WWE vs. TNA and, for once, I have this feeling WWE might actually win a couple of matches I'd like to see right now.....

AJ Styles vs. Dolph Ziggler......

Both men, right now, seem to be in similar places in their respective company homes. To be clear, there are few men on WWE's entire roster who could hang with Styles for the long haul, but I think Ziggler could actually hold his own. Would he win? I doubt it, but you can be sure the story told would be stellar.

AJ Lee vs. ODB

Why would I EVER want to see this? To me, this is a hysterical riot right out of the gate. When I think about Lee's "pipe bomb" promo on the Total Divas cast in ring, I think about how far in that Total Divas direction she actually is compared to ODB. Toss in her love interest for the week along with Eric Young as ODB's mate, and you have the recipe for comic gold.

The Shield and the Wyatts vs. The MEM and the Extraordinary Gentlemen's Organization....

You could say I stacked the deck, but honestly, who wouldn't want to see some good matches between some of the finest upstarts on WWE's roster against the homegrown talents of TNA? Just try to tell me this wouldn't be worth seeing.

John Cena vs. Bully Ray.....

Right now, Bully Ray is TNA's hottest commodity. Like him or not, his reinvention of his character has done all kinds of wonders for his career and that persona would be a tremendous foil for Cena and would maybe even put some energy back into his long dead self.

Triple H vs. Sting.....

Why THIS match? Because I know HHH could pull out a great match without much effort. Not only so, but both guys have served as authoritarian figures on their respective roles. With the current roles of each, Sting could remain a face and HHH a heel and there would STILL be a great build up to a match like that.

So those are my top 5 for the moment.....more to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment