Tuesday, December 17, 2013

.....GONE?!

This letter was released by AJ Styles just yesterday.....



MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask. I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see. I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,
AJ Styles P1
Photo: MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask. I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see. I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception. 

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire. 

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10. 

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory, 
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,
AJ Styles P1
Sounds pretty real, doesn't it? If that didn't sound real enough, in the first part of 2014, AJ Styles is booked at over 10 different events. I've read all manner of posts on fanpages, forums, and networks from fans who threaten to stop watching TNA and one or two who've sworn off wrestling in general. If you're one of them, try and hang with me until the end.....you might be satisfied with what I bring to the table. A source reporting to WrestleZone claims that AJ Styles has, indeed, signed a new contract and that everything from the press release to the independent bookings is a part of a grand scheme to see a return to enormous fanfare in the coming months. It's been suggested that not only did Styles SIGN the contract, but that the contract itself was EXACTLY what he was asking for in terms of dates AND money involved. What remains to be seen, however, is one of the things on his request list....the reinstatement of Alex Shelley to the TNA roster. TNA is wanting 2014 to be a HUGE breakout year to rebound off of the final year of the Hogan/Bischoff regime, meaning the return of a number of talents like Madison Rayne recently and leading ultimately to Styles and Jeff Jarrett. This is only the tentative plan as of yet and could change on the Jarrett front, but with Dixie Carter as a heel authoritarian figure, it seems only a matter of time before TNA begins heralding the return of the Founder and his army going into Lockdown. My response? It's about time!

Another piece of news that sounds interesting to me is what TNA might have in store for Ethan Carter III. I make it no secret that I'm a fan so far. The build towards legitimate contenders has me curious. What I DO know from tapings results is that Carter pulled the pink slip case. Naturally, being a Carter, he won't get fired and will, instead, pursue a path towards the World Heavyweight Title. Now before I get too deep into this, let me first say that these plans, unless something changes, may end up a hot mess before it begins unless he starts facing off against some resume-worthy opponents. That being said, there are a number of notable opponents who are in the works for Ethan to try his hand against leading up to the culmination of the storyline. Do I agree with TNA's assessment of his abilities? I think he's growing as a performer as one should expect and, provided the path is believable, I see no reason why TNA needs to shy away from a World Title run this year. In my view, he's got a good look, he can cut a decent promo, and he's got a good moveset to work from in ring. I say why not?















1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff Jarrett just resigned at TNA. What in the world is going on? Is this part of a story line or is it real?

    ReplyDelete