Monday, January 27, 2014

....But I Couldn't.

I have a couple of things on my mind that actually bother me concerning TNA as of this moment. One of them stems from the World Champion and the other weighs heavily upon how this whole investor thing shakes out. Allow me to elaborate.

Before I go into this little mini-rant, I'd like to ask a question to those of you who are TNA's strongest asset in the UK: Does it bother you that quite often in North American wrestling promotions the British character goes into a match as the heel? In TNA, if we go back and look into the history....British Invasion? Heels. Douglas Williams in the X Division? Heel. I was excited to see Magnus as a strong looking contender for the World Title in the face role, but this all changed within two months. Am I the only one who feels like this? Even Rockstar Spud, as much as I wish we could have gotten the Blossoms in TNA instead, has finally become useful, but as a heel. Could I use Winter as a good example? Nope, she was a heel as well. Maybe now is as good a time as any to make some predictions as to who TNA is priming to take the World Title from Magnus....but before I do THAT, I have something else on my mind.

The Wolves, as they're going to be called, stated in no uncertain terms that the investor would be showing up in Glasgow. Here's what I know for fact right now:

- AJ Styles, who was the first choice to play this role on TNA's storyline, is working a "per appearance" deal with Ring of Honor and has been in talks about making his return to TNA in the coming weeks. If that works itself out before Thursday, AJ could make his return as soon as then, but more likely, whoever the investor is will send a herald of some kind to serve as a go-between leading into a final revelation later on down the line.

- Toby Keith, if his concert schedule is anything to go by, won't be running tours until March at the earliest, so if HE is to be the mystery investor, now would be the time to make that known. Did I mention that Jeff Jarrett would be a part of that deal, should it be made known?

-While Jeff Jarrett may not be the investor, it is as yet unclear as to how his business dealings with TNA are going to play out as he still owns 35% of TNA's assets to this day. Right now, it's that fact that has me curious if he's been putting together a team of investors to buy TNA outright from the Carter family, calling it a new venture. Hermie Sadler, who is no stranger to TNA either, is rumored to be a part of the investment partnership Jarrett is formulating.

Here's the thing that most convinces me of Jarrett's takeover, so to speak: MVP had made mention of not coming to work for TNA unless Styles and Jarrett were involved. Shortly after making the comments, those comments were deleted and it's been suggested that he'll debut this Thursday in Glasgow. Maybe HE knows something we don't yet?

I realize that I could have held these thoughts off for another time.......and this is where you walked in.

3 comments:

  1. The british are always heels or bad guys even in movies. We are use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to look at the individual. Some are better faces and heels. I think Magnus gets more reaction as a heel.

    Plus if they wanted to push him for UK tour and had investor in mind, he has to be a heel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a brit myself we are always per trade as bad guys, its probably due to the intellectual accent. To be fair we make good bad guys. I hope double j is the investor as dixie carter character is boring me. She's best as a face. When she'd do announcement. You doesn't make a good heel its been done and done better. Let's just hope tna goes back to being about the sport. Not the story backstage but fights and the art in the ring.

    ReplyDelete