Friday, February 14, 2014

Land of Many Faces....

So THIS is what 900 feels like....not bad. I'd go so far as to say it feels pretty frickin' good. And you know what else? I've been working on a COUPLE of special columns and I'll pop those up just as soon as I get them all polished and shined up. The subject? I don't mind sharing....

If TNA were to split in half into the East and West Coast, how would I divide the roster and fill in what remains? This one's a two parter, folks, so you'll want to catch that.

But right now, I've got a few things to say about the investor. MVP was on the cusp of a main event run when WWE balled him up, so to speak, and tossed him off the bench into the unemployment line, but in his return to TV, I have to say....I'm impressed. While I don't believe for a SECOND that he's the end all be all as far as the story goes, I can't say that I mind his stint as the man with the plan so far. He has genuinely been a pleasure to watch in stark contrast to Dixie's tired self running rampant.

NOW, there have been a couple of things to update you all on as it relates to TNA AND to the business as a whole and the first one on deck is Jeff Jarrett, who has posted something for fans in the wake of his TNA departure.....

http://vimeo.com/86575877

This is HUGE, people. For TNA AND everywhere else. And for JARRETT to say it speaks volumes into the subject. For TNA, it means that more people are getting dialed into other products out there in the free market. That means that fans of the current product are coming from Ring of Honor and AAA and NJPW and all over the place looking for something that isn't TOO mainstream like WWE, but isn't too small time indy and THAT is where TNA lives right now. We're entering into a delicate time where the tide could turn up or down at any moment. That said, there isn't much in the way of wiggle room for error here.

ANOTHER thing on the horizon: TNA is, as promised, introducing a new character, this time in the guise of a former OMEGA persona for one of their best selling performers, Jeff Hardy. Have a look......

TNA is going mental....THIS is where TNA could shore up some SERIOUS odds, people; by playing a tune WWE can't. Where does this new persona begin? I only see ONE cash bid from my pocket: Samuel Shaw. Under the PG sky, WWE CANNOT follow on this journey. In my view, I only see positives here. Samuel Shaw needs to be primed for big things and an eventual cerebral face off (no pun intended) with the newly christened Willow is HUGE, if the promo is anything to go by. Another feud could be waged against Bully Ray or EC3, who has yet to be given a run for his proverbial money by someone who is always a step ahead.

If TNA was able to put some vigor into Abyss by unmasking him and then using Willow (Jeff Hardy) as a foil to REMASK him, I say, LET'S DO IT! Have Willow TAKE OUT ERIC YOUNG and you've got ammunition in spades for Abyss to turn the corner into crazy town for a nice little go around before setting down for good as the Monster TNA has always had him being.

As I have said before, TNA has been interested in signing Santana Garrett, but as of this post, the ink is drying on her newly penned contract with the roster. Anyone needing evidence that she can go in ring need look no further....I've got your hook up....


News updates, opinions, and commentary......can it really get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment