Monday, July 21, 2014

Damage.....

I've spent more than a little bit of time airing grievances with WWE over their choices in who they go about pushing, especially in the past 5-6 years, but TNA isn't above their share in the creation of the top tier in their own company. That said, I'd like to give my list of the names TNA AND WWE allowed to slip through their fingers into obscurity......

1. Matt Morgan- This one is a no brainer and I've brought up "The Blueprint" up a number of times in the past couple of years. WWE dropped the ball with him not once, but twice. TNA had their own bout they could have invested in him, and they almost pulled the trigger....but they didn't. When Matt Morgan held BOTH Tag Team Titles and was poised to tackle the world title scene, for whatever reason, TNA determined it wasn't his time yet. Then, a couple of years later, they had the chance to give him a monster push for the number one contendership, but instead they went with Sting. I shook my head and blasted TNA for that decision, which was not in their best interest, but by then, the decision was in the books.

2. Monty Brown- The "Alpha Male" could have been HUGE. He could have been a household name, and I truly have no reason from any sources that tell me he was anything but easy to work with. When TNA wasted their chances with him, WWE picked him up in the free agency in their efforts to bolster the youthful presence in their fledgling ECW brand. When ECW's ratings didn't peak like they wanted, however, Marcus Cor Von, as he was called at the time, was dismissed, having never done ANYTHING of value for the brand. I was appalled, to be blunt. Yet another former TNA talent buried at the hands of Vince.

3. Kid Kash- Okay, before I go into this little diddy, I will concede that Kash DID win a title or two under each promotion, but I think he could have gone on to more. If anyone looked at his work especially during the rise of Austin Aries and the build towards Jesse Sorensen's ascent. Had Jesse not been involved, I have some strong confidences that Mr. Kash could have invented "Option C" himself.

4. Shelley Martinez- In WWE, she was Ariel, a diva who was never allowed to actually WORK a match. In TNA, she was Salinas, a Knockout before the term was useful. Had TNA kept her contract warm just another few months, she could have competed for the Knockouts Division, but when LAX and the Motor City Machine Guns and America's Most Wanted were red hot, the women of TNA were left to their own devices. TNA even had the chance to pick up her number down the road, but passed for reasons unknown. Truth be told, Miss Martinez is a talented cookie, when she's allowed to perform without being held back....

I'm sure there are more flubs that both sides missed, but this is my own personal opinion of the worst of the worst decisions WWE and TNA cooperatively made involving talents. Have others? Shoot me a comment......

No comments:

Post a Comment