Sunday, July 6, 2014

Motive....

Some people might have been asking more than a million questions the day TNA revealed that they were giving the fans the choice of which ring they were going to use moving forward. I was in the number, but my questions all boiled down to just one....."Why?" Why would they bring back a ring they forsook only three years ago? Why would they give the fans the choice? why Why WHY!?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the return and the way it changes the entire dynamic of the way a match is put together. I love the dramatic climate it brings to the party. I was the first to jump on TNA for their decision to leave the ring behind in the first place, but I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I, on the other hand, was also the first to point out that the 6 sided ring was the first place to return to to begin turning back the clock.

So now the truth has begun to leak out.....

Apparently, Jeff Jarrett and his Global Force Wrestling promotion as of yet under the radar was going to put themselves on display with a 6 Sided Ring. Under THAT set of circumstances TNA made some calculated decisions, but when it came to shove, they determined that THEY needed to have themselves set apart by setting the clock back. Enter the fan vote.

Do I blame them for pulling the trigger once the decision had been made? Not at all. In fact, I wish they had done something to explain the loss in the first place, but if they're gonna give me the chance to set the clock back, who am I to argue? When it comes to bringing back elements of the show I loved to begin with, I simply won't question motives....this is no exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment