Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rumble Pack.....

Okay, we all know how the Royal Rumble turned out this year and since everyone and their brother is weighing in on "what a travesty it was not to have Ambrose or Daniel Bryan winning the match", I figured I'd throw in my two cents as well.

So Roman Reigns. Hmmm....from my perspective, this was a year in the making and regardless of how much time he spent on the injured reserve, Vince was inevitably going to push the beast despite the public outcry. From HIS perspective, if he's able to put something together to garner some face pops, he'll have vindicated himself as the man who knew all along. If not, he may just fire the talent...I wouldn't be a bit surprised. In any case, the other main event of the night is sure to have just as much intensity and can be seen from the highway. Brock Lesnar retained tonight, meaning that he'll likely go away long enough for the build up of Reigns vs. Lesnar for the title at Wrestlemania with a cash-in of the briefcase once the smoke has cleared on the night and both men are done from battle.

The sad part of it all is that it'll most likely mean than Ambrose will become the scapegoat here and will give Roman Reigns some real heel heat as Brock is supposedly going to be moving into Wrestlemania as a face on the card. I don't like it, but that's one of the things I can see coming down the pike and, unless Ambrose makes some friends at the top of the totem, he'll be relegated to the mid-card indefinitely.

As for Seth Rollins? I foresee him winning the title as Brock will undoubtedly head off into the sunset to follow CM Punk back into the octagon for another tenure with UFC. Brock doesn't need the money. He doesn't need the title to be seen as a credible threat to it at any given time and he's only signed on for a year and hasn't signed any sort of extension or renewal since.

And where does this leave Bryan? I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him breaching the top tier again until AT LEAST Summer Slam. WWE will want to give their Rollins creation a cushy little reign before allowing him to rejoin the ranks of the mid-card once again.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I simply don't see Vince caving on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment