Thursday, March 26, 2015

And Then....

For weeks now, I've been silent. Why? As is the case for every break in the comms, the break is simply waiting. Waiting for news to break that things are changing for the better or for the worse, as hopefully will be the case for the former and not the latter. In any case, it seems that Wrestlemania fever is in full swing, which explains my bouts with acid reflux. I'm kidding, but to be completely honest, I just don't feel it this year either. I've stated vocally that Sting's best entrance point would have been Wrestlemania 19, but with the history being now irrelevant and useless, I suppose the only thing to do is simply digress the point.

That said, however, Triple H as yet still is as profoundly bland as an authority figure as I remember and his cronies are equally so. In fact, I can see no signs of life in the Authority stable as a whole and I would go so far as to say that Immortal had a more commanding sense of respect or at least fear than does WWE's reflective stable. It's truly pathetic. Never in my life have I more wished for the Aces and Eights to make a return than now.....if only, right?

You've got Bray Wyatt, whom I believe to be a decent showman, in spite of WWE's inability to showcase him in a way that makes him seem menacing, at least as menacing as the man he's facing. I must apologize, laughing at lightning striking a rocking chair just isn't enough for me, Vince. Give me a reason to care about Wyatt.

Hold up, just a minute....I sould like I've been watching the show. Nope. And do you know why? For every 5-10 minute segment of decency, I KNOW there's over 2 hours of absolutely nonsense to make up for it. I just can't deal with that ratio.

The Diva's Division is simply unsalvageable and the Tag Team Division has been once again relegated to the back burners. With possible exceptions being Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, the aformentioned Bray Wyatt, and even Damien Sandow to a small degree, there is simply no life to be found on their roster in its entirety. Before you call me a bigoted TNA mark and vehemently dismiss every word, let me put this into perspective. 10 years ago, who was leading the pack in terms of the top tier in WWE? Angle, Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Batista, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Booker T, RVD, John Cena, Guerrero, JBL, and the list goes on from there. NOW, of the names listed above, only a couple still wrestle for the promotion even on a part time basis. Brock and Big Show.

What ever happened to the uphill rise of MVP, Mr. Kennedy, and Bobby Lashley? Does anyone remember when Santino Marella was a model of a hometown hero and NOT a sideshow? Anyone remember the likes of Marquis Cor Von or Kevin Thorn? What about the "Gold Standard"? Anyone remember when Shelton Benjamin beat Triple H three times cleanly IN A ROW on RAW? No offense meant to the current men on the roster, but any ONE of these men of yesteryear could have taken the fight to the current top tier. Give the microphone to Monty Brown, the man can talk. Let Kennedy have his day with the mic.....he'll drop The Miz like a bad habit. Let MVP loose against Rollins.

What's the point in all of this? Simple. WWE's pursuit of lightning in a bottle hasn't rewarded them richly because they continue to dismiss all that isn't their idea, ESPECIALLY in regard to their indy talent they've raided from other promotions. If Samoa Joe makes the jump in April as is expected and they DON'T put him into a position of dominance IMMEDIATELY, they have no one to blame but themselves if he isn't received well and my point will resound from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment